Oct 19, 2009

New friends


One of my new friends is a wonderful author who Keegan introduced me to last Spring. I love it when people share great books with me.

While I have read several of her books (Ok more like 15 now), it is the books about the Old Testament kings which has impacted me the most. Have you ever read the stories about David and his descendants and all those kings? For me, they are hard to keep track of, and to orient the other people in them. Just who were they?

Lynn Austin takes a large chunk of that history and turns it into 5 novels. Much of the stories are completely ficitonal, with much true history woven in, and it becomes a fuller and more memorable set of stories to me.

Besides which, she writes well, and has a worldview which is solid and beautiful.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Would you believe I have that book on my bookshelf?! Really. I'll have to read it now. :)

km said...

Those book should be great for me to read next summer. I'll have to make myself a note. In CBS this year, we're studying the divided kingdom.