Nov 8, 2007

Crawling Out

Due to the generosity of a dear friend, I was able to get my invite to Ravelry a couple of months ago. Now, I have an invite of my own and I'd love to pass it on to someone who could use it. Anyone ready? Let me know.

Until I hear from you, let me tell you that I am slowly crawling out of my knitting funk. The Fences Blanket is making progress and I haven't made any more mistakes. But more importantly, the weather has turned much colder in the mornings and evenings and I am wearing my knitted items and receiving compliments, always gratifying.

In addition, I've gone back on my diet and am making progress again.

These pictures are from a trip in July. I only include them here because they make me smile. And that's a good thing. The water in Pinecrest lake is cold, as #4 here is delighted to show. Then my own hunky DH is hamming up the hero pose for me. This is love.

5 comments:

Angelika said...

I've just signed up for Ravelry myself a couple of days ago. I finally broke down and gave in to temptation ;) I didn't know you could transfer membership to somebody else. Cool

km said...

Somehow I find that when I'm in a knitting funk that knitting stockinette in the round doesn't feel like it counts...and helps me out of the funk. I haven't been knitting a lot this week either though. I finished the Robe yesterday. =0) I hit that point where it was too good to put down on Tuesday...then finished last night before Grey's.

Tammy said...

Great pics. I'm glad your feeling better. But kmis putting me to shame. I'm a little more than halfway through The Robe.

Olga said...

Yo! Is you still in a funk? Come on back here girl, we miss you!

Laura said...

Hey, Julie, please email me at LLD61(at)hotmail(dot)com. I have a book I want to send to you.