Jul 25, 2008

New Babies and (gasp) New Housing

(Here I am, trying to pretend everything is normal, day to day. So for this moment, the knitting will begin the post.) I do love have another baby to knit for. A firefighter friend and his wife are expecting their first child and I get to give her a little gift before we leave. Can you guess the pattern?
It's the Mason-Dixon Knitting book's One-Piece Baby Kimono. I am in love with the colors here (which I had in my stash). It looks like Spumoni to me. The colors didn't photograph very well, but let me tell you...mmm..mm!
And these will be for cleaning the little one. Washcloths.
Why another picture of the four washcloths? I am not sure. I think maybe I am a little frenetic right now, trying to hold myself together while our whole lives are turning topsy-turvey.
You see, we rented a house yesterday. In our new town of Edwardsville Illinois. The nicest Realtors are there. Now begins the flurry of moving....

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! Things have been HAPPENING while I've been offline! You're moving closer (somewhat!) to me!!! Yay!!!

Angelika said...

That's a nice looking house, but I'm having a move ahead of me too (monday) and can't wait to get it over with. I just wish I already had a place to move into. Babyknits are fun and fast. Instant gratification.

The Meitler Family said...

I LOVE your house. We are planning on visiting you there, God willing. Is there room to park our motorhome? :-) No worries if not, I'm sure there is a WalMart nearby.