Oct 13, 2006

Casting on party

This is the season for crisp air, gorgeous cloud formations, and putting out colorful leaf decor (because in So. Cal there aren't really any true seasons).
Most importantly, it is the season for casting on new knitting projects. For me, this season began with a party. Yes, a party! As a break from my normal routine of homeschooling (and added new routine of spending extra time and care with my dad), a wonderful knitting friend brought over a party. We had it all: yarn and needles, sushi (a whole feast of it!)and margaritas, and last, but not least, funny videos. We cast on to the Ella shawl (second picture down):



and also cast on a soft, amazing yarn to make a basic sock with just two cables. Fun, lovely and oh, so fall.

By the way, the Ella shawl is using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Gold Hill. The sock is Debbie Bliss baby Cashmerino in chocolate. This is true friendship. My knitting friend leads me in paths of knitting righteousness for the fiber and family's sake! She even shares in my desire to buy and cast-on more than I should. Thanks, Tammy!








Ok. So here's the rest of the cast-on madness: next I received my favorite needles in a whole kit in the mail:

and also got some yarn for a shawl for my daughter...see how happy she is:

















I even cast on (again) for the Booga Bag by Black Sheep Bags with the big Kureyon, but this time used side 13 needles instead of 10:







And that sock is a new cast-on, too. Sorry it's so blurry. Or is it my eyes? I think there's more I've cast on in the last few days...I can't keep it all straight. Maybe I've bit off more than I can chew? We'll see...

3 comments:

Tammy said...

What are good friends for if they can't help you over-indulge in the good things in life! When's the next party?

Anonymous said...

I just found your site, Julie, and I love it! It gives me a little window into your life so I can know a bit about what you and the kids are up to. Those hats are adorable and Mark's sweater is quite amazing. Such talent! Keep blogging, please :)

Tammy said...

What's up? How about some more news? You're supposed to keep me entertained. lol

What's on your plate for tomorrow?