Jun 4, 2007

A Clean House...


A clean house.

Clean is something rare around here. Maybe the house is clean-er some days, but mostly we are messy. I got tired of it. And really, it is MY mess. So I got going on it.
I am a pile-maker. Piles everywhere. Finally, after a while, I will put some of the piles which are the most obtrusive into a mega-pile and then move the mega-pile into a pile out of the way.

I have been getting better with these piles over the years. Now, some people coming to my house might not notice the actual piles anymore, they just get a vague sense of clutter. Those who are really clean will see them right away. Other pile-makers nod and smile. They know.

Well, with my dad's memorial serivce coming, I wanted the piles gone. Gone. The whole house picked up; A real cleaning.

We did it. I noticed something about the piles. I already know it but I noticed anew. You can't Dust, clean and mop effectively with the piles there, but when they are gone, it works so well! Molly Maid helped too.

Now on to the garage, my husband's pile domain....

The bamboo/cotton/lycra socks at the top were for the April socktopia theme "Let's Get Physical". I finally finished them in late April. I LOVE these socks. I wear them more than any other and they feel sooo good.



I also finished these a few days ago in time for Socktopia May theme, "Stripes". They are a Trekking XXL yarn which my daughter wanted some shorties made into for her. Verry summer and fun.

This is a sample of our Ancient Greece study this year. One family led us in an Olympics last week, complete with Chariot Races...



...and javelin:
Peace and love to you.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Now see... I've just always felt extremely comfortable in your home. Were there piles? Really? How will our sons be able to brighten my visit with a remote control spider if there's not a respectable amount of clutter for it to creep out of?

But even more importantly, do you know where anything is now that it's put away??

Good Yarns said...

Yes, I know exactly where everything is...most of it is in the garbage. Most of those piles you might not see are full of papers that, if you leave them alone, unseen for long enough, will become useless. THEN you can throw them away. Whew, relief.

Angelika said...

I love the pile story. We sometimes have them laying around so long that we develope a "blindness" to them and don't even see them anymore. Happened to me once when I had MY laundry hanging in the laundry room to dry and I let the repair man into the utility room next to it, wondering why he was giving me such a strange look. It dawned on me lster, after he was gone.