Oct 25, 2008

Some old-ish finished projects

This is FINALLY my pictures of the Easy Flame Lace Scarf that I finished forever ago during the Ravelympics. It even got me the prize. Yeah! (For the knitters out there, it is made of Malabrigo Lace, color number #88 and knit with size 4 needles.) It is excruciatingly soft.
I took #2 out in the chilly afternoon today to document the finished product and her good mood vanished fairly quickly. That's alright, I like this exasperated picture (below) better than any of the other, more conventional photos
And THIS, this is another finally finished product. It has been waiting for me to find the perfect ribbon for the closures. It is for Emma Joy, a precious new baby for Adam and Meghan, and I was supposed to give it to her before we moved in Sept. Oops.
But I love this adorable pattern and I love the brown/pink/green for a girl. It says, "I'm a girl, but I don't have to shout about it!"
Close up of the ribbon/stitches.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the baby sweater! (And the scarf of course, but I've seen it before.)

However, I must take issue with the phrase "excruciatingly soft". I looked it up. Excruciating means "extremely painful or hard to bear". What are you trying to say? Is your usually stellar vocabulary failing you...

or are you just messing with me? ;)

Lydee said...

beautiful fo's!!!

Laura said...

Love both of the projects! Hey, I'll bet you're somewhat pleased to be living in a place where you can wear wool and enjoy it!

Free Range Chick said...

I love your daughter's, "Are you done with the pictures already?" expression.

I like the stripe on the baby sweater. Very cute.

Wendy said...

I so happy for you that you can wear knits! We're still hanging out in the high 80's and 90's out here.

But you knew that, already...

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the baby sweater so pretty:)Hugs Darcy