Oct 24, 2007

Greenjeans and Swamp Thing

Mrs. Greenjeans is making a little progress. I've done maybe 5 inches of the cable pattern now. I think I like this sweater. It's the first one I'm really going to finish for me. I'd much rather knit for my beautiful girls. The pathetic part is that it is 78 degrees inside the house tonight because of the Santa Ana weather being so hot. At least the major smoke is gone and the DH might get to come home tomorrow. Or not.

I've finished my first mid-term exam in 20 years. I was dreading it, but it was kinda ...could I say ...fun? I think the years must have been hard on me if I think that could be fun. It must be the class.

We had another Book Club for the girls today. I love this book A Girl of the Limberlost. We just finished our read-aloud of it on Sunday. Gene Stratton-Porter draws you in. The setting this time is the Limberlost Swamp. Her books have rounded figures, but with character and honor. They inspire me.




What inspires you?

Also do you know: Is there anything we can do to help the evacuees? Is there anything being set up for finding them a place to stay if their house is gone? So many houses and so many hurting people.

3 comments:

lahodges said...

Julie,

I am really liking the Greenjeans sweater as well. I just started my sleeves. This malabrigo sure is nice stuff, isn't it?

Yours looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I just finished going back to school and finally got my degree. I totally understand your mid-term remark. It gets better and easier. Whats Malabrigo?? Everyone talks about it like its gold. Is it?

Olga said...

mmm, never read the Limberlost, but I think I saw a review about it...have you ever read the orignal 101 Dalmations by Dotty Smith? I just finished reading that to my girls and it was really good. It is not even like the 'Disney chop job' they did to it.