Jun 24, 2008

Branching Out

My wonderful friend Tammy gifted me some of that luscious Manos De Uruguay Silk Blend and I'd been wanted to make the Branching Out scarf in a worsted weight ever since I saw Lynda's.The silk and wool blend are so beautiful to touch. It has a classy and subtle shine to it and knits like air.
The first skein had some wonder variation in color, while the second was from a different dye lot and is much more solid. I am hoping that I've achieved a graduated effect with this scarf's color, but not so sure. DH saw it finished and thought I might have accidentally bleached part of it. But what does he know?

Summer is here and we're having belated birthday parties and the two eldest are helping with VBS while I stay at home and revel in home life with the two youngest, soaking up hugs and books and poolside knitting.
This poolside pic if from a party not too long ago, to say bon voyage to good friends...Carole, we miss you and yours!Tennis Anyone? I've been playing...even int he heat. :-)

8 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! The scarf is beautiful! Enjoy that poolside knitting (and reading)!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, yours is so pretty! I love the color. I need to make another one, this time for me!

Lydee said...

i like the scarf, it's lovely. Love that pool!

Free Range Chick said...

Knits like air. I like that phrase. The scarf is great. And when you are wearing, no one will be able to tell that there are different dye lots.

Tammy said...

It really is beautiful. I love the stitch definition. Nobody will ever be the wiser about the dye lots.

Anonymous said...

Your scarf is beautiful! I've been wanting to knit that, too.

The Meitler Family said...

O.K. I'm the only one NOT commenting on the knitting. Sorry, truth be told, I'm not a knitter. But...thank you for your kind words. I sure miss you, too. Wish I could just sit and chat (even while you knit). Much love, C