Jun 12, 2008

Yosemite! Eureka!

I LOOOVE this shirt. It's a Knitty pattern called Yosemite. I've been working on it for quite a while now, hearing about other people's issues with sizing...and worrying a bit that I'd have to rip it out. But no...
...I am so very pleased to say it fits.I know, maybe it could be tighter...but really, we just didn't want it that way.
It is knit in size Small, with US 7 needles and 6 balls of Rowan Calmer.
Calmer is my new favorite cotton yarn, hands-down. So soft and elastic and forgiving. I could use it forever!
And #1 and I couldn't be more delighted. Just in time for the new Knitty, too.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

It's just perfect! You must feel wonderful about the way this turned out! Hooray!

Lydee said...

lovely! I love the collar and the sleeves and the buttons, it's perfect!

Free Range Chick said...

It looks professional. You did an exceptional job. The color is perfect too.

Angelika said...

Very nice. The shirt looks great and it's a perfect fit, if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

Great sweater and it looks wonderful on you. congrats on the FO. Thanks for the cotton yarn recommendation. I love cotton esp. for summer.

GailV said...

Ooooh, I wanted to knit that, and knit it out of Calmer, but when I read comments from others on Ravelry I was sore afraid.

Yours looks SO GOOD! Okay, now I've got to try it.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

Donna Boucher said...

You did a fantastic job on that exquisite sweater!!!