Dec 30, 2008

Christmas

Donna over at the Quiet Life asked for pictures of our oldest Christmas ornaments a couple of weeks ago, and I am finally getting to it:
This one and it fraternal twin (which has one angel in it) are my favorite. My mom made them, blew the egg out and decorated them so beautifully. I don't know how old they are. I love finding all the cherished ornaments each year. This year my mom and the kids did the tree, so I found them this year already on the tree.
My oldest now has new ornaments for her feet. Here's her Christmas gift, these thick wool socks:
The family all want WOOL KNITS, badly!!! It has gotten so cold here.

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Beautiful socks!!!
And adorable and special ornament!

So happy to see you :o)

Tammy said...

I LOVE that your family is asking for you to knit! How wonderful! What yarn did you use for the socks?

Laura said...

I'm so amazed and jealous that you've been able to keep a BLOWN EGGSHELL ornament intact for more than one Christmas season!

The socks are lovely - nice to live in a place where your hand-knits will be cherished properly by the family, isn't it?