Dec 31, 2008

Books Read in 2008

  • Let me start by saying the books read here are a list of the books I read in many ways. Some of them I read by myself, for my own enjoyment. Some were read aloud to the kids. Some were even enjoyed by audio book or even by listing to my husband read them aloud. I plan to write a review of the graphic novel "A Christmas Carol" and "Peace Like A River". You can find the list on my reading archive book here, along with my list from 2007, when I fist started recording the books I read.
Happy new year!




  • A Christmas Carol (The Graphic Novel) by Charles Dickens
  • Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  • Portuguese Irreguar Verbs by Alexander Mccall Smith
  • Jotham's Journey by Arnold Ytreeide
  • The Silver Needle Mystery by Laura Childs
  • Frill Kill by Laura Childs
  • Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
  • Murder in China Town by Victoria Thompson
  • The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
  • A Spoonful of Poison by M. C. Beaton
  • Death of a Gentle Lady by M. C. Beaton
  • Free-Range Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
  • The Apprentice by Pilar Molina Llorente
  • Dragondale by some young author
  • Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Death Swatch by Laura Childs
  • The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
  • Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
  • War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  • The Claverings by Anthony Trollope
  • Murder on Bank Street by Victoria Thompson
  • Forsaken by James David Jordan
  • The Shack by Wllm P. Young
  • The Velvet Room by Zilpha Keatly Snyder
  • A Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
  • My Antonia by Willa Cather
  • Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer
  • Death in the Stocks by Georgette Heyer
  • Home Girl: Building a Dream House on Lawless Block by Judith Matloff
  • Augustine Goes to Kent by Barbara Willard
  • Horse of a Different Color by Ralph Moody
  • Son of Charlemagne by Barbara Willard
  • A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle
  • A Door in the Wall by madeleine L'Engle
  • A Wrinkle in time by Madeleine L'Engle
  • Hinds Feet on High Places by hannah Hunard
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortennson
  • Corrie Ten Boom by J & G Benge
  • The Dry Divide by Ralph Moody
  • A Daughter of the Land by Gene Stratton-Porter
  • The Silver Needle Murder by Laura Childs
  • Twice Freed by Patricia St. John
  • Tanglewood's Secret by Patricia St. John
  • The Clear Light of Day by Penelope Wilcock
  • The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
  • The New Year's Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
  • The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie
  • The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
  • Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God by Noel Piper
  • And The Word Came With Power by Joanne Shelter
  • Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Wow! That's a lot of books! You're my idol. I have a bad habit of starting another book without finishing one first. So my unfinished books list is long! Btw, great blog!