Dec 3, 2008

Fall has fallen

I wanted to get these photos of a finished product before I start posting the winter stuff. Winter here really exists...and I think it started this week. Others who live here tell me this is still mild weather. I think they are just putting me on. It couldn't get down to 10 degrees for a month, could it?
Anyway, the mild weather photos here of of my long-term project, Lady Eleanor Stole from the Interweave Press book "Scarf Style". I used 12 balls of Noro Silk Garden and size eight needles. I almost finished it about a year ago and then came to the conclusion that it would have to go. It was the worst of times, for a knitter. Lady El was one of the first big projects I wanted to do. I cast on eons ago and worked slowly and steadily until I realized that disaster had struck. But now it is finished, in all its wrapping and warmth and color.

The colors of this season were stunning. This is one picture of a local state park which is at the end of the Fall season, but just before the snows. I loved it.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations! It looks fabulous!

Free Range Chick said...

I bet that you are so happy to finally be able to bind off. It looks great and warm. I think that it still gets pretty cool around here. At least cool enough to justify the hand knits.

km said...

I know this stole has been a long time WIP. It's so great to be able to finally use it...and now the weather is perfect for something warm and cozy.

Laura said...

Well worth finishing! The design and the Noro Silk Garden are lovely!