Dec 5, 2008

Winter has descended!

The Fall here in the Midwest had such amazing colors, ones I used to decorate my home with using fabric and holiday decor. Now here it was all around me:
The kids love the state parks. Pere Marquette, Father Marquette is a local historical figure and this park is names after him. Climbing the rocks and the trees...
This one is being lit up from behind, in the late afternoon sun.
BUT THEN:
It got cold so fast.
Some finished projects are coming up. One is finished and awaiting photos, but I can't get my DH to stop wearing it and working in it. I've got to get him to stand still for the photo.
Another project is almost finished. I was out of clean wool socks last week and realized I needed to get finished with some new ones. Or maybe I should clean some????

Here's a foot print in snow. Since these photos, it has been cold. below 30 during all day. 14 degrees at night. Bbbrrrr. Nice for hot chocolate, warm soup and cuddling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That footprint was really cool( about the best I a can do in the witty department!)? I checked Edwardsville yesterday about 3pm your time and it was 22 degress. Jules, these pictures are really awesome though. Mom

Free Range Chick said...

brrr. It looks cold there. The fall pictures are beautiful. That is something you will never see in SoCal.

Lydee said...

hey there, catching up on my blogs! love the pics! so beautiful! drink lots of hot coco!