Jan 12, 2008

Eleanor bit the dust


This is me frogging 11 skeins of Noro Silk Garden from Lady Eleanor. It took me all day. All Day. I just sat and frogged and it was not an easy frogging because the wonderful fibers of this yarn had done their job: entwining themselves amongst the other fibers nearby. I was not pleased with them this time. Can you see the tears coursing down my cheeks?


Yes, it was a long day:

Can you see my #2 as she cringes beside me? All day the kids berated me for undoing the work of many months. But I HAD TO DO IT! It was too wide, and with 11 skeins of yarn, it still wasn't long enough AT ALL. So, I started over.


I gotta forget that debacle, so I'll show you these: my new favorite shoes. I can wear them with extra long jeans and they look great. They are also very comfortable, which is a big plus. With these shoes, I've entered the new era of style, but I am sure the era has already passed and a few more have come and gone. But really, is a 40 yr old supposed to keep up? Not me! I am happy with these shoes, and I FEEL in style. So there! Now what do you think of #4's new shoes. Lovely, huh?! She can't keep 'em nice for even a day or two. We won't even speak of #3 (the son).
We went to Disneyland and California Adventure (thanks to their Wildfire deal) and see...we had fun!!!!!!!!!!


And tell me, have you ever seen the original "The Absent-Minded Professor"? It's is so funny, my kids all laugh out loud. Rent it! And do you like these silly tests? I do. How creative are you?
ou Are 53% Creative

You are a quite creative person. You're always involved in at least on interesting project.
Keep it up and keep learning. Your creativity
may bring you great things someday.

Kid love (and frogging):

5 comments:

Angelika said...

Wow, all that work and then even more by frogging it all again. I guess it would have made a nice baby or lap blanket? But that's not what you wanted. Hmmm.

Tammy said...

Ha ha ha. How creative am I? I'm gonna make you guess first.

Good Yarns said...

uh, 45% Tammy?

km said...

Recently we've been watching the old Herbie movies. My kids love them...ROFL love them.

I know how you feel with the LE. That was my split neck tee that just needed sleeves. But, it will be so much better to have something wearable/useful. And kintting is about the process...right?! I keep reminding myself that.

Free Range Chick said...

Frogging like that hurts so much inside. But I agree, that if you don't like, you never will until you redo it. Oh and I liked the quiz.