Jan 12, 2009

Outside

Each year we get a live tree and decorate it on Christmas Eve. For the last two years, the day after Christmas my favorite woodsman wants to hack it to pieces as soon as possible. First, he takes the branches off:
Then he chops it into two large pieces to be used for Easter. This year, he got carried away. I think I kept him waiting too long. It wasn't until after New Year that he got to it. It ended up being completely OBLITERATED. Nothing left but a few tiny wood chips.
We had so much putting straw on a local strawberry field, the kids put themselves to sleep with the after-fatigue:
OK, I don't really know why they were pretending to sleep. The work was fun, but good and the fellowship was priceless. I am not sure what they were looking for, but I liked this one too...I've been sick. A small cold that is attacking my throat and keeping me down. But I want it to go away.

2 comments:

Lydee said...

love the pics! I have strep, hope that's not what you have. Here's to feeling better!

Tammy said...

keep chopping mark