Feb 4, 2008

Alternative Entertainment:

Who needs the Superbowl when you have a soggy steep trail going from the local mountains to the sea??? We don't!
A good friend and I dropped off the 8 kids and two dads at the trail head and said goodbye. This is what they did:

Nine miles to the sea. Trees and hills and many, many new pools.
They got a little wet.

And a little muddy! They even found a bit of sunshine.

Meanwhile, Danielle's car broke down and we were 2 hours (?) late in picking them up. They were cold and hungry and very, very wet. And happy.
I am thrilled the Giants won, but sad that I didn't get to knit at all.
Do I sound a little smug? I hope not. I do love having something outdoors to do, even if we have bad weather....
And I hope everyone who watched the game had a great time, too!

4 comments:

km said...

Love the puddles. And the best activities are where Mom gets a break while Dad has the adventure with the kids.

Tammy said...

You should've called us when her car broke down! I could've driven down to the beach... and I am married to your mechanic ya know!

Free Range Chick said...

That looks like so much fun. And a lot of laundry. You kids must love you!

Good Yarns said...

Yes, the laundry was extremely disgusting and enormous and sandy! I wish I'd taken an "after" picture to show how muddy they were, but those kids and dads were too chilly and wet for a picture. I even had our friends' laundry to do since we all got the wet stuff and put it in the back of our car. Maybe I'll post a pic of the bikes. They still haven't been cleaned!
And yes, they love me, but...they love dad more. I don't complain. I do too!