Feb 23, 2008

Impulsive? Me?



****This post was from 2-23-08 (I forgot to post it)****
I began Grumperina's t-shirt two days ago in a fit of knitting. I call it a fit because it happened in the midst of an emotional frenzy to get knitting a real garment, not an accessory.

I begged my two oldest kids once again to look at a couple of garments I was seeing on Ravelry and....#1 said she's kinda like this one. #2 said she liked it too, and I should knit it for her. Now, we are on a serious budget, looking toward the future and I know I didn't have the yarn just sitting around waiting for them. So, I worked it. I checked the stash, consulting the daughter (at length) and we settled on a course of action. Ditching the school work, I kicked all the kids into the car and skipped down to the LYS. We settled on a Takhi Cotton Classic in a nice azure blue, trading it in for something I had in my stash....almost no $ spent. We got home and POOF! I cast on.

Ahhhh, the satisfaction.


This is my next Panda Cotton venture. I am making socks for #4. "Finally", she says! I got all goofy when I tried to take the pictures. The colors are so very saturated, but the photos don't show it really.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Really, I'm stunned. You are always such a model of virtue and self-control! Seriously! Here I though I had sole ownership of the impulsivity label. You've been deceiving me.

Even worse, I've been feeling more like reading and thinking I need a very simple knit in the round project. Cotton Classic, huh? sigh

Laura said...

I finally did the 7-meme, but I was bad and didn't tag anyone else. My brain is too fried right now - grandchildren and children overload. But I love being tagged! I promise I'll straighten up and play nice next time!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in your project!