My dear friend Tammy tagged me. The rules are this:
1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here are the random and weird facts:
1) My house has several shades of gold all over the walls and curtains, and I hate gold. I like blues and greens and reds in my house. Instead I am inundated with gold everywhere you look (with lots of red and some green highlights). I am too lazy to paint over the lovely gold faux painting the previous owner painted by hand.
2) I constantly ask my four children to look at knitted garment patterns and beg them to want one; "Pleeeease look at this!...don't you like this one? Wouldn't you want to wear it?". Pathetic.
3) I'll admit it again, I am terribly inconsistent. I got on the Dean's List at UCLA and almost flunked out (for real) several times.
4) I LOVE books. Really loving them has brought me so much joy, but it also makes me a little weird; I prize copies of easily available books as if they are rare treasures. Even though we are trying to keep our stuff at a minimum, I couldn't bear to part with even one of my treasured friends, the books.
5) I learned to snow ski and backpack at the tender age of four, and I am a mountain lover now. If you ask me beach or mountain, it is mountain every time. The smell, the sights, the feel of it ....ahhh. Heaven.
6) I had four babies, but I don't really like babies. Kids, yes. Babies, no so much. I suffered through it to get to the awesome stage they are in now.
7) I am jealous of #1's hair, and #2's skin and #3's eyes and #4's friendly, popular nature. I am. Mom's shouldn't be jealous of their kids, should they?
Now I'd like to hear from (hm...let's see)
1) Dlyn, who Tammy introcuded me to lately (funny and gorgeous pics!)
2) Stephanie at Knit Lich, a new friend whose talent in color and proportion amaze me.
3) Olga at Uberstrickenfrau who hates memes I think, but who makes me laugh so much I hope she'll do it again anyway...
4) Lydee, who is having writer's block, maybe this will help...? And cause she likes Star Trek.
5) Becca, who also makes me laugh.
6) Felt Like Knitting, who loves to listen to Third Day (me too Beth)!
7) And Laura, because we share a love of books and because she inspires me with her kids.
Can't wait to see what comes next...