Mar 17, 2007

Benefits


Babysitting and knitting are two profitable ways to pass the time.

When we occasionally take care of other people's children, something nice happens in my house. My (four) children get along better. They do more active things than usual, even. They speak more kindly and they learn to care for others. These are all benefits I am going for.

Oh, and the benefit of being able to knit most of the time the children are here. Here's what I got done while caring for a couple of wonderful kids:















This is a Children's Tunic by Knitting Pure and Simple. I am using 24" circular in size 8, with a great cotton.
Thanks for the OTS (Opportunity To Serve), guys, I thouroughly enjoyed the time to sit and knit.





Posted by Picasa







3 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks good! Is that the 2nd Time Cotton? How do you like knitting with it? We just picked up some great solid colors for a shawl for our friend Andee.

Good Yarns said...

It IS the second time cotton and I really, really love knitting with it (for cotton, that is). It is softer than Sugar & Cream and it doesn't seem to loose its twist very easily. I've even frogged quite a bit of it and it was still really nice.

Laura said...

I love the patterns by Knitting Pure & Simple - and I'm glad you left a comment at my blog so I could come and read yours!

Yes, I enjoy the Agatha Raisin mysteries, and today my daughters are supposed to check out one I haven't read yet - Love, Lies & Liquor. I've never seen the Hamish Macbeth tv series - I'll keep my eyes open for it.

I hear you on the new books arriving in the mail - I got two new knitting ones last week and am reading through them now.

And you found unused shelf space for books? - what a gift!