Mar 19, 2007

Hodge-Podge


Have you ever raised butterflies?

It happens so quickly!
We got ours, Painted Lady Butterflies, from Insectlore.com. Having just hatched from their eggs upon arrival here, they were almost too small to see. Within a couple of weeks, they were huge and hairy! Suddenly each one crawled to the top of the cup and hung into a J shape and ...within 24-hours became a crysalis, then emerged several days later. I wish I could get a good picture of them. This is the best I could do. Yeah, I know, the picture is not worth it, but your should see how cool this is. Really.



More kids over here today, this time for play dates and I am so glad! More knitting to be done!



This is a dpn holder from Kaity's Handmade, an online little store. I love it.







I am facing having to frog the Lady Eleanor Shawl. How long can I avoid the inevitable? Maybe till next week at least? The problem is an oversight on my part. I purchased 11 or 12 skeins of the Noro Silk Garden #88 for this great project. Then I went ahead and added 4 extra courses of the pattern to the project because I wanted to be assured I'd not have another shawl that I can't rally wear (shades of Ella haunting me here). So far so good, right? Well, adding the courses would be fine if I had an unlimited supply of the yarn, but now I hear they are not going to make it anymore in the color #88. Akk@!


Oh, and Books! I am falling in love with another set of George MacDonald books, Adela Cathcart, in three volumes from Amazon. This man is a master of good storytelling!

No comments: