Mar 27, 2007

More than the shelves can hold? No!


Well, this has been a glutton of a book month for this house.

"The Wind and the Willows" by Kenneth Graham was the order of the day for our Girls Book Club at my friend Rena's house. We've been running book club together for several age groups of either girls or boys. I love teaming with Rena; she is so creative!

She also told me about some wonderful children's books about nature, by Margaret Williamson. Although they are out of print, I was able to get two of them for me and one of them for her collection. Aren't they lovely?














This one is another out of print book from an Amazon seller. It accompanies "The Child's History of the World" by Hillyer that we already know and love. I highly recommend this author for children's history for clear, charming and accurate presentations of history and art and even architecture.
I ended up at the local Education resouce store and couldn't hold myself back. See? The group here is what I came home bearing: more Drawing books, Ancient Greece and Rome coloring pages for the kids while I read to them out of "The Odyssey" and other fun (and gory) ancient books.
Of course, we also ended up with the Ancient Greece game and the solar system coloring pages.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hillyer also has a geography book out there... I can't remember the name but it's probably something like A Child's Story of Geography.

We used those coloring books too. The kids loved them.

Laura said...

The geography book is A Child's Geography of the World. We have it and all but my two youngest have read it for 4th grade geography.

Looks like you had a great book day! Those books by Margaret Williamson look like a wonderful find.

Good Yarns said...

Now I'll get to look for another one! Thanks! My family thanks you too.