Mar 24, 2007

Spring Skiing

Yesterday was our family "Ski Day"

As you may or may not know, any good homeschool curriculum allows time to provide proper Physical Education. Sooo...we really felt we had to go skiing.

We just couldn't help it! At least that's what we told ourselves as we joyously went trekking to the only local mountain left with snow.

We followed an old family tradition from my own growing up years and stopped at the doughnut shop on the way there. Memories. Good ones.



I got to bring my knitting bag and do a little knitting, too. Perfect day, really. If only we didn't have to get up at 4:30 am to get there. Oh, and the throw up moment wasn't too nice either. I'm not naming any names, though.

My littlest athlete is 5 years old and had never been skiing, but within two hours of entering the ski school, they had her independently skiing. On the lift. Even able to go on the intermediate runs. Wow. I guess they are good.


At the end of the day, I had four happy children, a happy husband and a finished sock. Not bad for some great phys. Ed.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Great socks and great pics! Glad you guys had such a terrific day!

Laura said...

Yes, it looks like a great day! The socks are mahh-velous!