Sep 15, 2007

A Misty Soccer mom

Today we had to arrive at 6:50 am for group soccer photos. All ready. I've been thinking about being part of this sport and...
...I feel so very suburban: I am a soccer mom. I now have four kids in soccer for the 3rd year.

I become involved in the play so much that I have a mantra, "I will not cheer, I will not cheer".
Why? For me, cheering becomes squealing and even jumping and flailing. My children do not find this behavior becoming in a 41 yr old. Neither do the other more sedate moms. So I repeat my mantra and get a grip on things. My son today gave me a very nice gift. He told me I could cheer. He liked it. He wanted to be cheered for. So with a misty smile, I cheered today. I ran out of batteries so his game didn't get shot, but it would have been wet anyway.
Lady Eleanor has received some progress over the last month and yet it isn't really showing any huge progress, so I photographed it on my littlest kid. It makes the project look bigger, eh?

It was early on a cold morning, so she was happy, cuddly model.




I picture myself in it later in the year at the soccer games, saying my mantra.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Your Lady Eleanor is amazing! I can't believe your progress.

I'm off to my son's football game where you better believe there is cheering... although we are further back in bleachers and yelling encouraging words to our boys like, "Get 'im! Get 'im! Take him down!" and "Run, run, run!" followed by loud shouts and woo-hoos. We football moms have very little dignity or self-control.