Sep 7, 2007

Scorching Endless Summer is Ending?!


This a sock of the embossed leaves. On taking the pictures, I noticed something about the flash. With flash the color looks like it should: bright rich brown.
But without flash you can see the detail of stitching. I guess this is known by many of you who photograph your knitting, but it was new to me.


This below is a school bus cookie. All four kids decorated school bus cookies on their first day of school, a treat for a day of work. the funny thing is...most of them don't really identify with the school bus idea. Their own experience of yellow buses is more along the lines of church buses and mission trips to Mexico.


On a more literary tone, I recently finished "The Scribe" by Francine Rivers. I highly, highly recommend this book!
It is about Silas, compatriot of Peter and Paul in the times of Acts and the Epistles. I found this book to be illuminating on the lives of these great men and I found it to be on target for authenticity, although it IS a work which includes fictional words and guesses about the possible events for the time. Good historical fiction like this spurs me on...
So now I am going on!

Below is a Book Quiz I found from Tammy. you take the quiz and it tells you what kind of book you are, then gives a description of how you are like that book. It says I am "To Kill a Mockingbird" :




You're To Kill a Mockingbird!

by Harper Lee

Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have
changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've
also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to
persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you,
but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you
whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Whew! So glad there's not a weird guy in my neighborhood! BTW - if I change my vocabulary answer from large to huge I become a dictionary (and boring after a while to boot). Augustine or Mirriam Webster... maybe I'm the weird guy in the neighborhood.