Jan 22, 2008

I'd like to thank my producers and the crew...



...because I've won an award. I've always wanted to be awarded something and I've gotta say that it feels good to make someone's day. I've just got to wonder, was it the recycled kids that put me over the top to win?

Thanks to Tammy for the award! She also passed on a Book Meme, in which you take out the book on your bedstand and go to page 161 and copy down the fifth sentence from the top.

I am reading "The Gun Seller" by Hugh Laurie and here is the scintillating sentence, "And another half-a-million will build the roads that the Nissan (curse word deleted) Micras run on, and pretty soon, you've got two hundred and fifty million good democrats, needing America to go on doing the last thing it does well: Make guns."

Now I am to name 5 people for the You Make My Day award.

Tammy - because you make me laugh and keep me pointed the right way
Nan - because I just found out you love Mount Hermon
Kristen - who emailed me when I stopped blogging for a while :)
Krissy - who is so young and so fun and wise all together
Gail - who has so much creativity in life and homeschooling too

Congratulations ladies, now it's your turn to award five people and comment on their blog that they've won. (anyone at all who wants to do the Book Meme may do it; I'd love to hear what you are reading!!!!).

This is my Noro Striped Scarf. I am making mine just the way Jared Flood described here.

And this is a preview of my Branching Out scarf from Knitty, Spring 2005.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww!! Thanks Julie! :^D

Tammy said...

I had a feeling that The Gun Seller would offer up a good one.

Both scarves are looking great! And thanks for the kind words.

Anonymous said...

Your scarves look very nice I want to knit both of those someday.

Amy said...

darn. I came to tell you I tagged you (different one) so I hope you aren't too tagged out to play! :)

Free Range Chick said...

Now I am giving you an award!!! Check it out.

Oh and thank you so much.